Lake Eacham Waterfall Walk
Lake Eacham Waterfall Walk:
- Only a short walk from Lake
Eacham, there is a relaxing 30 minute walk through the
rainforest to the Lake Eacham Falls and stream.
- The road to the Lake divides in two - the left branch leads to
Atherton and Yungaburra,
but the smaller right branch is unmarked.
- This smaller road to the right takes you to the
Lake Eacham Falls.
- About one kilometre
down the road there is a small bridge, which is near the start of the walking track.
- A little further, heading away from Lake
Eacham, there are small car parking bays on the
left and right hand sides of the road.
- Walking back over the bridge, the walk begins on the left-hand side of the road.
- It is
only a short walk down to the waterfall, and the walking path follows the route of the
creek and forms a circuit, passing under the bridge and then heading back up towards the
- As you pass under the bridge, look out for the giant ferns towering above, and
throughout the rest of the walk remember to look up at the numerous epiphytes growing on
the taller trees, and down to the smaller plants and fungi living on the forest floor.